Monday, October 29, 2007

Kudos Allison! Routers and Routing....

Well Allison, you'll become the resident expert on setting up routers. Yes, the time and cost are a drag but the upswing will be that you will have wi-fi access on future visits. I'm impressed it took only 1 1/2 hours. It took me over 4 hours all told with various trouble shooting.

Thanks David for your post on bank routing numbers. Having lived overseas, the routing number was my friend when in need of a wire transfer of funds.

I was curious if routing numbers and routers have anything in common. I just did a quick search so I may have missed something. Initial impression: the technologies are not linked except in principle: each system ensures information is transmitted from one point to another.

FYI: While electronic these days, bank routing numbers are part of a system developed by the Banking Industry in 1910 to help identify banks. It is officially called a Routing Transit Number, an RTN.

For more information on routing numbers, click on the link below: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Routing_transit_number

-Laura D

No comments: