Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Blog Set-Up

Hi Folks,

I had to set up a new e-mail account before I could do our asigned blog task. I set up a g-mail account and that was very simple and straight forward. Surprisingly simple.
Before signing up for the blog, I compared the two that were recommended in class. I went with this one, blogger.com through google because it seemed more user friendly straight away than the wordpress on. I liked that it had a tour so I could familiarize myself with what I was about to do. I went back to wordpress to look at the "free features" to compare user friendliness. It was not intimidating but I determined that as a neophyte blogger I prefered the utter simplicity of the google site. Thus here I am.
Of course, blogs is the topic Allison and I will be presenting next class so I willknow much more about this world in a matter of days.

One kookie thing did happen once I got to the post page. After typing the "Title," I had inadvertantly hit a button and had published without intending to do so! That was a bit unnerving but the "Edit" button was in plain sight and here is my intended post.

I'll have more comments latter.

Cheers, Laura D

No comments: