Thursday, September 20, 2007

iPod and iNtutition

Setting up the iPod was truly a breeze. All I had to do was connect the iPod to my computer with a cable, open the iTunes software, read the prompts hit return a few times and voilĂ  ! it was set up. Apple truly creates ease of use in set up: I believe it is idiot-proof.

The challenge in the end was not the set up but then learning to navigate the possibilties. That part of it was not obvious to me. Again it will take some time for me to explore and understand this new virtual universe.

Exploration and learning through use is probably what Apple expects its users to do since, heck!, it creates intuitive interfaces. I actually have faith that when I dedicate time to these tools I will actually succeed.

There is no manual so I have no choice but to plunge into this universe and try to figure it out. I probably will eventually go to the Apple website and look for pointers there. Notice my assumptions: I am obviously assuming that there is information out there either at the official website or even among avid users who may post tips on their usage on a blog perhaps. I may poke around to see what kind of help is out there. I also am assuming that Apple has created an intuitive tool.

-Laura D

No comments: