Thursday, September 20, 2007

Deutsch Welle: German Lessons On-Line

The internet is truly grand!

I gave up on the iTunes-iPod initiative; I'll pursue that when I have more time. Hoping I could perhaps upload free lessons to the iPod, I went to Deutsch Welle's website. I listen to their broadcast of the radio and remembered they encouraged listeners to study German for free at their site. The website was user friendly and the lessons were so much fun! I am so amazed and so truly appreciative of what wonderful learning tools are available for free on the web. While the pdf lesson files downloaded, it seems that the sound files do not. I was bummed about this.

You may be wondering why I am trying to learn German. On Sunday I fly to Vienna and wished to garner some basic notions if only to be polite as I'll ask my interlocutor to speak a language other than German!

-Laura D

No comments: