Thursday, September 20, 2007

iTunes, iPod, and not iNtuitive yet

Well, up front I have to admit I have used iTunes literally only a handful of times. So bear that in mind with the following.

Well, the easy part was setting up the iPod and seeing all the possibilities. I explored for a while but I must confess I was not clear on how to proceed. I tried to figure out how to load my German lessons from the CD to iTunes to the iPod. I suspect that there may be a copyright protection on the CD which is prohibiting me from uploading the music to iTunes and thus preventing me in turn from downloading to the iPod. Just an idea.

In the end it is probably because I still don't know how to navigate iTunes so I guess I will need to spend some time doing that first. I spent about an hour trying a few intuitive approaches but none worked. I was unable to create a playlist of the lessons. I still don't understand why; the lessons have a CD icon next to it.

Well I just went back to iTunes. In point of fact, I did successfully upload the lessons to iTunes. Now my challenge will be to figure out how to download to the iPod.

I'll keep you posted.

-Laura D

No comments: